SO YOU’RE GONNA HOMESCHOOL
Our hearts are with so many families who are choosing to homeschool for a variety of reasons this year. Whatever the reason, take a deep breath. We’ve got some hopeful wise words for you and great resources!
Today’s episode is brought to you by: OUR AMAZON LINK
Shop Amazon for ANYTHING with this link at no extra cost to you!
For the new (and seasoned) Homeschool family…
- Few things to remember:
- You can’t create “the” classroom environment in your home. It’s stifling and torture. Don’t try to duplicate it.
- YOU’RE the one in charge (it may be time to brush up yourself). You may find a little less Netflix and more filling your mind in the evening keeps you on your toes:)
- Ask yourself: what’s important to our family? What can we cut out of the schedule to make this as efficient and effective as possible?
- YOU HAVE CHOICES.
- The most important thing is CHARACTER and GOOD HABITS.
- Be flexible. Make it more about routine than schedule.
- Find community and support, .
- HSLDA, https://hslda.org/
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
- Angela’s homeschool video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC6LwcP0AyY&t=721s
- Shaye’s homeschool video
- Read Aloud Revival https://readaloudrevival.com/
- Explode the Code: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NRDB28?ie=UTF8&tag=homemakerch03-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B079NRDB28
- Sonlight https://www.sonlight.com/
A Quick Tip for Your Home: Shaye’s Grandma told her Mom… who told her… anytime you walk from one room to the next, do a quick look around to see if there’s anything you can put away on the way. “Never go into a room empty-handed”, she would say. This small little habit can make a lasting impact in how many things get put away (read: less mess and clutter!) throughout the day.
Angela always tells her kids, “Don’t LEAVE the room empty-handed” which of course is the same thing. AND never, ever, ever walk past the stuff on the stairs. (Which they do every time:)
CUE THE WINE MUSIC! Today’s “What We’re Sipping” segment is brought to you by Dry Farm Wines. Dry Farms is an online wine subscription that pairs organic, biodynamic, naturally yeasted, low-sugar, lower-alcohol wines from all over the world. As with all things, “better, not more.” Today we’ve got a sexy black bottle, gold writing: “Vivre d’Amour” 2018, France, Loire Region even if Shaye can’t pronounce it, it’s still fabulous! It’s a red blend of Cab Franc, Syrah, and Cinsault. So checkout their better wines. You can get either 3,6 or 12 bottles delivered to your door monthly.
SHARING IS CARING! Make sure to visit us over on Instagram: @homemakerchicpodcast